There are many volunteer opportunities to help with and Kuehnle loves our volunteers. If you have 30 min. or multiple hours, we appreciate any kind of help. Some positions allow you to help from home and some are at school. Once the school year starts, your chairperson will contact you by email or phone and assist you in setting up times that best fit your schedule. Thank you for your time! If you have any questions, feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of ways you can help. If any of the positions are of interest to you, you can fill out the form below and it will be sent to our volunteer coordinators!
You can also see this list sorted by grade here.
- MEMORY BOOK – Take pictures at various activities throughout the school year and submit them for the memory book.
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION – This ongoing fundraiser needs volunteers to collect and track box tops and assist in friendly competitions between the students.
- CAMPUS BEAUTIFICATION – Use your gardening skills to prune small trees and maintain attractive displays at the front of the school and in the marquee on the corner of Winding Ridge Dr.
- CLASSROOM READERS – (Pre-K -2 every Fri.) (3rd-4th Once per 9 Weeks.) This is a chance to read to your child’s class or someone else’s that needs parent readers.
- FAMILY EVENTS – Help out during different family events held at Kuehnle.
- FUNDRAISER EVENTS – Help plan and organize, work, collect, etc. for PTO fundraisers.
- FIFTH GRADE CELEBRATION – Help plan special events such as luncheon, pool party, living museum, service project, and bake sale during the Spring semester and celebrate our graduating 5th graders!
- HELPING HANDS – (Pre-k – 2nd) Let the teachers teach while you prepare supplies for the classroom lessons and projects. Come up to the school on a weekly basis or as available. Work includes cutting, pasting, and putting together.
- HOSPITALITY – Assist Hospitality with teacher luncheons and special monthly events for teacher and staff. This can involve decorating, baking, or donating food items.
- LIBRARY HELPERS – Assist the librarian with re-shelving books and performing other needed tasks. Also assist with book fairs.
- PARK-N-READ – Parents read with a child in Kindergarten or 1st grade in the morning from 7:40-8:05 to help develop better reading skills.
- POPCORN EVENTS – Volunteers needed on report card days to bag and serve popcorn to students.
- WUNDERLICH FARMS FIELD TRIP (4TH GRADE) – This annual field trip takes Kuehnle 4th graders to Wunderlich Farms. Volunteers are need as docents during the field trip. Everything is provided including a script.
- WATCH D.O.G.S. – Calling all dads, uncles, grandfathers, etc. This is a wonderful program where dads get to come up to the school for a half/full day to assist children and teachers and have fun! A schedule will be provided.
- LUNCH ROOM HELPER– Help assist students in the cafeteria during lunch. Kuehnle staff will also be present.
- GRADE LEVEL COORDINATOR – Works with School Volunteer Coordinators. Helps schedule parent readers, and holiday party volunteers for all classes in that grade level. Signup Genius is used for the scheduling.
You will also need to complete the volunteer application and background check. You can access the application and background check by clicking HERE.
There are certain volunteering opportunities where you will be invited to SignUpGenius to choose the day(s)/hour(s) that you are able to volunteer. Then you may also revisit SignUpGenius to remember what you signed up for, or to make changes to you sign up time(s)/day(s). To learn more about this, please e-mail email@example.com.